20 Easy Tips for Everyday Healthy Living!
Sometimes we overthink health, but here at S’moo we want health to be easy to bring into your life. Your body is so important and you deserve the best! Here are 20 tips to help you live a healthier, happier lifestyle. These are all super simple and easy to do. Let’s get started!
1) Cook at home! I don’t mean pop a TV dinner in the microwave or put chicken fingers in the oven. It’s more work but try making a few large dishes you can have throughout the week. This will help you avoid packaged & processed foods. Not a cook? Try simple recipes like chili where you’re “building your own adventure” with what you put in it. Try to use only fresh ingredients in order to get the most benefit out of your hard work.
2) Take a break every 2 hours! Usually any job has a break every 2 hours for 10-15 minutes but sometimes we don’t take them. Either because work is too busy or too chaotic but you need that break. Take it, walk around, get up from your desk. Keep your body moving!
3) Start your morning with a glass of water. Hydration is crucial to staying healthy and keeping your body in working order. Not only does it flush out toxins, it also carries nutrients to your cells. It increases energy and helps with brain function. Why not start your morning with a glass of water in order to get the most out of your day!
4) At least 50% veggies per meal! To stay heathy, a good rule to follow is filling half your plate with vegetables. Not only will you feel full longer, you’ll be supplying your body with the nutrients it needs. Depending on your day, this can vary in difficulty. If you know you’ll be out and about, possibly getting lunch on the run then pack a veggie snack.
5) Track your success! Do you have a planner or calendar? Spend time tracking your successes, whether that is eating right or exercising, find a system to keep track of it. One way to keep yourself going with health tips is to stay motivated, create a reward system.
6) Switch to non-toxic household cleaning products. If you don’t already know about Xenoestrogens, they imitate estrogen and cause excess estrogen in our bodies. This can wreak havoc on our hormones. Trying finding a more natural alternative.
7) Switch to non-toxic personal care products. Just like cleaning products, Xenoestrogens can be found in creams, cosmetics, hair/skin care and hygiene products. These are hard to avoid, however not impossible!
8) Get lots of Vitamin D! It’s amazing how many people have a vitamin D deficiency. If you can’t get the sunlight, take a supplement! They are inexpensive and great for your body. You can find out more about vitamin D and why your body needs it here.
9) Break a sweat once a day! As someone who was doing this for years, I know it isn’t actually easy to do this everyday but even twice a week or as often as possible is better than nothing. Try a 15 minute youtube workout (those come in all different difficulty levels so you can find what works best for you), or try running, biking, dancing, yoga, find what makes you have fun!
10) Buy a few houseplants. It’s a great way to practice taking care of a living thing while also supplying slightly more oxygenated air and improving your mood! Do be careful with your cats though, some house plants can be toxic to cats and some cats will eat any houseplant they see!
11) Get 7-9 hours of quality sleep each night. We’ve all been there, tossing and turning all night and tired, cranky and unable to think clearly the next day. Poor sleep habits can hurt your hormones, and your health. Plus, caffeine doesn’t actually fix it! Getting a full, sound sleep promotes a positive immune system, respiratory system and digestive system, to name only a few. To help create a positive sleep schedule refrain from caffeine past noon, go to bed and wake up at the same time each day including on holidays and weekends. Avoid heavy meals within a few hours of bedtime and reduce alcohol intake.
12) Drink a healthy smoothie every day! It can be hard to find time to make a smoothie and clean up. If you don’t have time to make one everyday, try making smoothies in bulk, putting them in your freezer and taking them to work with you for later in the day. This is an easy way to get greens in your diet or help regulate your hormones with S’moo.
13) Eat greek yogurt everyday. Any daily probiotic works but greek yogurt is easy to add to your smoothies, salads (try making a yogurt/avocado dressing, it’s amazing) and it can be great for breakfast with added fruits. This can help you maintain optimal digestion and gut health while improving your body.
14) Take the stairs! It isn’t always fun but it is a physical activity aka exercise and the more the better! I can’t tell you how many times I’ve passed up huge crowds waiting for an elevator and taken the stairs. Not only do I get there faster (even when it’s more than a few flights), I also feel better after.
15) Make time for things you love! Part of being healthy is taking time to be part of things you mentally enjoy. Hobbies and goals can sometimes get lost in the bustle of our everyday lives. If you find that you can’t make time for these things anymore, try scheduling it into your day.
16) Overcome personal obstacles. Often we hold ourselves back because of fear or just because we aren’t able to stay motivated to complete a task. Try finding ways to stay motivated and work through your emotions. Try things like the S’moo45 Planner in order to keep track of your days and little by little work towards a goal in a set amount of time. Try the 5 minute theory to slowly build more positive habits. You’re worth it, spend time to make yourself into the best version you can be.
17) Make a self-care checklist and use it every time you’re feeling stressed! Stress changes your hormones and can progressively get worse if not worked through. Making a positive list of things that relax you can give you a positive outlet when you feel like you’re breaking. Need help? Here are some other ideas to look at: https://thesmooco.com/blogs/blog/building-self-care-into-your-day
18) Practice Gratitude everyday. An easy way to do this is by keeping a gratitude journal. Studies show it helps people feel connected to others, makes them have a more optimistic view towards life and better sleep quality. Besides keeping gratitude journal here are some other ideas: Tell someone how much you appreciate them; Nurture the friendships you have; Smile more; Watch inspiring videos that will remind you of the good in the world.
19) Be happy! A positive mindset is everything. Practice positive thoughts and surround yourself with positive people. If you need extra help, sign up for S’moo texts, (by texting SmooBabe to 562-262-4755) which remind you how awesome you are a few times a week.
20) Take care of your relationships. Studies show that people who have close friends and family are healthier and live longer than those who don't. Don't let your relationships disappear, reach out and stay connected.
Remember that you're strong and you need to decide where to spend your time and energy. You do't have to do all of these things but pick a few and figure out how to fit them into your days, so you can live your best life.
This content is strictly the opinion of S'moo and is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical advice or to take the place of medical advice or treatment from a personal physician. All readers/viewers of this content are advised to consult their doctors or qualified health professionals regarding specific health questions. Neither S'moo nor the publisher of this content takes responsibility for possible health consequences of any person or persons reading or following the information in this educational content. All viewers of this content, especially those taking prescription or over-the-counter medications, should consult their physicians before beginning any nutrition, supplement or lifestyle program.