The Peachy Smoothie
- 2 medium-sized peaches (pitted and quartered)
- 1-2 TBSP minced ginger (Use twice as much if you feel like you might have a cold or are getting over a cold.
- 1 Orange (peeled)
- 1 TBSP orange zest
- 1 TBSP ground flaxseed (optional)
- 1 cup milk of your choice (I use Almond Milk)
- 1 cup ice (add more if you'd like a thicker smoothie)
- 1 TBSP honey
- 1 scoop of S'moo
- Place all ingredients in a blender (except ice).
- Blend until a smooth and thicken with ice until thickness is achieved.
Add more milk as needed to thin out smoothie if desired.
What is this good for me?
Peaches have a good amount of vitamin C!
Oranges also give you vitamin C but they also contain fiber, potassium and choline. They support a healthy immune system and lower cholesterol.
Ginger helps with digestion, reduces nausea and help fight the flu and common cold.
Flaxseed has omega-3 fatty acid ALA, lignans and fiber, all of which have been shown to have many potential health benefits!
Overall this is a great smoothie to start your day with or to give you an evening boost of energy!