This yummy delight is perfect year around and is great for your body!
- Strawberries – just one serving provides more vitamin c than an orange while being low in natural sugars, making them great for people suffering from diabetes. Besides vitamin C they are rich in potassium, folic acid (which helps your body produce and maintain new cells) and fiber.
- Greek Yogurt – Oh we have a whole blog on the benefits of yogurt! Check it out here.
- Banana – Baking or making a smoothie, banana's add a creamy sweetness that can't compare to anything else! Because it's sugar content is balanced with fiber, it can help maintain a healthy blood glucose level, making it okay for people with diabetes to use. Fun fact: a unripe banana is mostly starch but as it ripens it turns into a natural sugar with potassium, vitamin B6, vitamin C, Magnesium and more!
- Oats – Extremely healthy as they have a large amount of protein and a good amount of vitamins, including vitamin B and magnesium.
Don't forget to add your S'moo, to help balance your hormones!
Total Time 5 minutes
- 1 scoop of S'moo
- 1 cup quartered Strawberries
- 1 sliced Banana
- 1/8 cup Almond Butter
- 1/2 cup Gluten Free Oats
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Honey or Maple Syrup
Helpful hint: Add some chill to counter the summer heat by using a frozen banana. Just peel, slice in half, and place in a large Ziploc bag in the freezer overnight.
Notes: If you have a super awesome blender you can use 1/4 real almonds instead of almond butter. I’ve just found most blenders work better with almond butter.