Marvelous Ms. Mango Smoothie
We haven’t spent a lot of time talking about the benefits of mangos! I grew up loving mangos and I’ll love them forever. Originally native to India, mangoes were first cultivated in Northeast India 25-30 million years ago.
- Mangos – help with digestion, the fiber actually helps lower the risk of heart disease and type 2 diabetes. Green mangoes having more of this fiber than ripe mangos. This fiber is great for gut health. It also boosts immunity and lowers cholesterol.
- Greek Yogurt – Oh we have a whole blog on the benefits of yogurt! Check it out here.
Cinnamon – packed with antioxidants that protect your body from oxidative damage. As far as antioxidants go, cinnamon is the winner when compared to 26 other spices. It even outranked superfoods like garlic and oregano. It also has anti-inflammatory properties to help your body fight infections.
I also learned something new about cinnamon, I had no idea it was the inner bark of a tree. This video is a fun example of how it is harvested.
Don't forget to add your S'moo, to help balance your hormones!
Total Time 5 minutes
- 1 scoop of S'moo
- 2 1/2 cups frozen or fresh Mango Chunks
- 1 1/2 cups Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Honey or Maple Syrup
- 1 cup ice (option)